This Post May Contain Affiliate Links
Who doesn’t love gold jewelry? A shiny and luxurious piece of gold jewelry is extremely pleasant to the eye and makes a great fashion accessory for both men and women. Be it a wedding, anniversary or any other family event, those chic pieces of gold jewelry are enough to catch attention in no time. Gold purchases are also an investment. Many people buy gold as direct investment and profit themselves whenever there is a tremendous increase in its price. Others purchase it as they consider it as a finite
valuable substance with several industrial uses. Well, no matter what the reason for buying gold is, there’s always a steady flow of consumers in jewelry stores across New York. And in this maddening rush to acquire gold, it is common for anyone to make mistakes.
‘Before you step inside a jewelry store, make sure to consider the things given below. These will help you get the best bang for your buck:
1) Check the weight: The weight of a gold piece directly affects its cost as well as durability. Gold jewelry is generally measured in troy ounces. Higher the value, the more expensive the jewelry piece will be. Also, thicker and heavier gold pieces can withstand wear and tear and hence are more durable. There are many jewelers who often add precious stones like emerald and diamond to gold jewelry, making it heavier. This means you might end up paying for gold which isn’t really there. This is an important consideration before getting studded jewelry items.
2) Know the Purity: – Another thing to consider before buying gold is its purity. The purity of gold is measured in carat or finesse. 24-carat gold is 99.9% pure and cannot be used in making jewelry. This is the reason gold jewelry is available in 14, 18 or 22 carats. It is important to conduct a
quick acid test and know the purity of a gold jewelry piece before handling your hard-earned bucks to someone. Consider buying from frostnyc.com as they are one of the trusted jewelry sellers in the USA. Their Frost NYC gold chains or any other jewelry piece are of fine quality. You can also redeem special offers and get discounted jewelry without paying much.
3) Identification: In most countries, gold jewelry should carry a clear stamp of the cartage employed in making that piece, as per law. There are also other specifications, all of which are
controlled by the hallmarking system of the country. This identification is necessary to ensure that people are not cheated while buying. So, before buying gold, make sure to check it is hallmarked.
4) Making charges – A making charge is essentially the labor charge involved in creating a gold jewelry piece. It is a reflection of current gold prices and varies from jeweler to jewelry. There are many jewelry shops which have higher making charges than necessary. It is advisable not to buy gold from such stores.
5) Purchase backs: Most jewelers offer the choice to buy new gold jewelry in exchange for old jewelry. While designs and trends change with time, the value of gold stays the same. So, discuss this option while making your gold purchase. This will also benefit those who get bored with their jewelry after a period of time.
6) Machine made Vs Man-made ornaments – Today’s market carries both man-made and machine-made gold ornaments. Making charges on the latter are lower due to the lesser amount of craftsmanship and time involved. Thus, man-made jewelry pieces are cheaper as
compared to man-made ones. So, one should get to know the type of a specific gold jewelry
piece before investing in it.
7) Invoice: A bill that includes important details of a transaction offers transparency to the deal as
well as assurance to the investor. It also makes it easier for customers to approach the right authorities in case of any claim or discrepancy. So, after making your gold purchase, ask for a
retail invoice or a valid cash memo. The invoice will clearly mention the actual price of gold on the day of purchase, making charges, hallmarking information etc.
8) Sales & Discount Offers: Gold rates increase during certain occasions and decrease during the
offseason. So, it is advisable to make a purchase when gold prices are low. Also, most of the jewelers offer special discounts during the holiday season like Easter, Good Friday and Christmas and so on. So ask for various discounts available to make your purchase an affordable one. If you are planning to buy hip-hop jewelry, visit frostnyc.com and check for offers. Having served blinged-out jewelry admirers for over 30 years, these jewelers deliver highest quality pieces at affordable prices. No matter whether you are looking for a cool bracelet for your wife or girlfriend, a beautiful gold or diamond pendant or a stunning necklace for yourself, there’s something for someone to complement their hip-hop lifestyle.
9) Color– There are many jewelers who fool their customers by asking them a high price on rose gold and white gold jewelry. Remember, white, yellow and rose gold are priced the same. This is because to get a particular color, it requires adding just a few alloys. So, never pay extra whatever the color of your gold jewelry.
10) Jewelry store – Last, but not the least, consider buying from a trusted and reputed jewelry shop. There are hundreds of jewelry shops in the USA, big and small. Buying gold from a small store can be risky as they could sell impure or stolen gold artifacts. Such stores will offer no guarantee
on their jewelry pieces. On the other hand, purchasing from a reputed or renowned jeweler will save you from such risks as there is a guarantee about purchases. Also if you are buying online, go for a reputed seller. Request for transport insurance coverage when purchasing online. This
will include the price of the gold jewelry during shipment.’
Keep these things in mind and you will never go wrong while buying gold jewelry.