Can you use a lighter to start a propane grill?
Here’s how to start a gas grill: … For grills that don’t have an ignition button, use a long fireplace match or a lighter wand to light the initial burner after turning it on. Once the first burner is lit, turn the other burners on high. Close the lid and allow the temperature to heat up for 10- to 15-minutes.
Can you light a BBQ with a lighter?
Long matches or a grill lighter. If you don’t have long matches, you can light a piece of paper with a small match and use it to light the coals. Oven mitts.
How do you light a small propane grill?
Liquid Propane Grills
- Open the grill lid.
- Make sure all the burner control knobs are turned off. …
- Turn the LP tank on by turning the tank valve counterclockwise.
- Put the match in the match stick holder and strike the match to light it.
How do you light a portable gas grill?
How to Light a Gas Grill Manually
- Open the lid of your grill and find the lighting hole on the side of the grill.
- Once you see that, place a match in the curled end of the holder. …
- Turn on the gas burner closest to the hole. …
- After the first burner is lit, turn on adjacent burners to cross-light them.