How do you grill raw kielbasa on a gas grill?
Cut kielbasa into 3-inch lengths and butterfly lengthwise. Place on hot grill and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side turning frequently, charring all sides. Remove from grill. Transfer kielbasa to a baking sheet and place in oven to cook for another 5 to 6 minutes.
How do you cook raw Polish kielbasa?
- BOIL: Place it in a pot of cold water; once the water starts to boil cook it for only 10 minutes on Medium heat. Turn it off and let it sit for another 5 minutes. …
- GRILL: …
- Fry: Put it in a pan with a little water (about an inch) on the bottom, cook on Medium, covered. …
- Bake: Pre-heat over to 375 degrees.
How do you grill fresh kielbasa?
Poach the kielbasa on the grill until they reach 140F. Place the roasting pan on the grill, and close the grill lid. It takes fresh kielbasa about 20 minutes to reach 140F and 10 minutes for fully cooked kielbasa to reach 140F. Turn the kielbasa over halfway over through cooking.
How do you grill raw Polish sausage?
Grilled Polish Sausage Recipe:
- Put grill on medium heat, when hot lightly oil grill bars with towel.
- Place Polish on grill bars to score.
- Cover and cook about 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve on toasted bun.
Should I cut kielbasa before grilling?
Slice precooked kielbasa in half lengthwise before grilling. This will result in sausage that has more of the smoky char and fit better into a bun.
Can you cook kielbasa on the grill?
Grill: Place kielbasa on a hot grill for 4-6 minutes, then flip and cook the other side for 4-6 minutes. Avoid cutting slits in the kielbasa as this will cause it to lose juices.
What does raw kielbasa look like?
Buying Fresh Kielbasa
Look for it in the fresh pork section of the meat case. It should be the sausages that look white but are encased in sausage tubing. Like other sorts of fresh ground meat, it is likely to be contained in an ordinary meat tray with a plastic wrapping.
How long does it take to cook fresh kielbasa?
Place fresh kielbasa in pot with 1 quartered onion, several peppercorns, garlic cloves, 1 teaspoon marjoram (optional) and half a bay leaf. The addition of spices helps replace the seasoning that boils out during cooking. Add enough boiling water to cover. Cover and simmer on very LOW heat for about 50-60 minutes.
What goes with fresh kielbasa?
If you are looking for sides for your kielbasa, here are the different simple dishes you should try.
- Maple Squash. …
- Sauteed Peppers and Onions. …
- Sautéed Collard Greens and Garlic. …
- Mac and Cheese. …
- Farro and Brussels Sprouts Salad. …
- Baked Beans. …
- Coleslaw. …
- Potato Salad.