How do you freeze apple pie after baking?
How to Freeze a Baked Pie
- Bake as directed and allow to cool completely.
- Place the pie in a freezer bag; seal, label, and freeze for up to 4 months.
- To serve, thaw at room temperature.
- If you wish to serve your pie warm, after thawing, bake in a preheated oven 425°F oven about 15 minutes or until warmed through.
Can you freeze an apple pie that has been cooked?
It is best to freeze apple pie before baking, but you can freeze it after baking as well. Both baked and unbaked apple pie will last for up to 6 months in the freezer. If you freeze the apple pie filling by itself, it will remain fresh in the freezer for up to 12 months.
Do apple pies freeze well?
If you baked your pie and still have leftovers, you can freeze them, too. After all, freezing apple pie works quite well — just place it uncovered in the freezer. Once frozen solid, wrap the pie in plastic wrap and place it back into the freezer. You can keep it frozen for 3-4 months.
Can you freeze a pie that is already baked?
Custard pies, meringue pies and cream pies do not freeze well. They will be watery and separate after thawing. A baked pie can be frozen for 6 months, a longer freezing time than an unbaked pie.
How do you store pies after baking?
After baking, pie should be left at room temperature as the cooling process normally takes 2-4 hours. Within 4 hours, the pie should then be placed in the refrigerator. Cover loosely with plastic wrap until serving. Pie may be refrigerated for 2-3 days.
How do you keep apple pie from getting soggy?
Here are some tips to prevent runny apple pie.
- Precook the filling. …
- Reduce the juice. …
- Experiment with different thickeners. …
- Vent the top crust. …
- Try a lattice or crumb top crust. …
- Bake thoroughly — and then some. …
- Let the pie cool completely — preferably overnight.
Does homemade apple pie need to be refrigerated?
An Apple pie does not need to be refrigerated if it is whole and kept covered. BUT, once an apple pie is opened, cut or sliced it SHOULD be placed into the refrigerator for both safe keeping and to extend its shelf life.
How do you defrost a frozen apple pie?
How to Thaw and Serve a Fruit Pie
- Let thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Remove plastic wrap from the pie.
- Bake on a sheet pan in a 350 degree oven until the filling is warm and bubbling. “Tent” with foil if the crust starts to get too brown.
- You can also thaw a frozen pie in a low oven.
How do I reheat apple pie?
To reheat a whole apple pie, heat your oven to 350°F, then place the pie on a baking sheet and cover with foil. For a standard 9-inch pie, heat for 15-20 minutes.
Does apple pie go bad?
A freshly baked apple pie will last for another two to three days if you keep it in the pantry, StillTasty notes. If you put it in the fridge, you can get two to three more days after you put the pie in the pantry, StillTasty adds.
Why do McDonald’s apple pies expire?
Remember how we said that McDonald’s apple pies aren’t always fresh and are actually given new expiration dates when they’re not sold? Well, their menu items aren’t always fresh either. Apparently, they don’t always throw away old food. One employee said “Once food was cooked, it went into a warming bin.